University of Lagos, UNILAG part-time degree admission form for the 2016/2017 academic session is now on sale.
The Institute of Continuing Education, University of Lagos in collaboration with the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences has extended the sales of application forms for the 2016/2017 admission exercise to Saturday, November 5, 2016.
This is to inform the general public that the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) 2016/2017 academic session admission exercise is on.
The Institute of Continuing Education in collaboration with the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into it various programmes for the 2016/2017 academic session.
UNILAG INSTITUTE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES.
FACULTY OF ARTS:
(A) Bachelor of Arts B.A. (Hons.): four (4) and five (5) years Degree Programmes (Evening)
- Creative Arts (Theatre Arts/Music/Visual Arts)
- European Languages (French/Russian)
- History & Strategic Studies
- Linguistics, African and Asian Studies (Igbo/Yoruba)
B. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
B.Sc. Mass Communication, four (4) and five (5) years Degree Programme (Evening)
UNILAG INSTITUTE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION ADMISSION – ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
A. FACULTY OF ARTS
- All candidates who possess five credits (5) passes in relevant O’ Level subjects including English and Mathematics at not more thanTWO sittings and not less than 21 years of age are eligible to apply.
B. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (MASS COMMUNICATION)
- 5 Year ProgrammeFive (5) credits passes in O’Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Literature in English and any other two (2) credit passes from any other discipline at not more than Two Sittings
- 4 Year ProgrammeDiploma Certificate in Mass Communication from University of Lagos or from other accredited University recognized by the Senate of the University of Lagos with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 and above on a 5 point scale; and also fulfilled the requirements in (1) above
- 3 Year ProgrammeHND in Mass Communication from accredited Polytechnics and Monotechnics at credit pass with 2- year Post HND professional experience. The candidate must be registered member of relevant Regulatory Agencies and/or Professional Bodies such as APCON, NIPR, NUJ, etc. The candidate must similarly satisfy the requirements in (1) above.
UNILAG INSTITUTE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION ADMISSION – METHOD OF APPLICATION.
pplication forms are obtainable online
via University of Lagos website URL. http://www.unilag.edu.ng.
using ATM/Cash/Dedicated Teller obtainable on payment of a non-refundable fee ofFifteen Thousand Naira (N15, 000.00)
only paid into any Bank within the campus using Treasury Single Account (TSA) via Remita Platform.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS AND ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS
Completed application forms should be submitted online and a hard copy of the completed forms should be submitted to the Programme Faculty.
Examinations for these programmes which will be in English Language and General Knowledge are as scheduled below:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
FACULTY OF ARTS
· Creative Arts
· English Language
· European Languages
· History & Strategic Studies
· Linguistic, African and Asian Studies
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Mass Communication Building
MBC 3 & 4
Friday, November 4, 2016
Friday, November 11, 2016
NB: (1) Candidates are expected to come to the examination hall with the colour print of their Application Form.
(2) Provisional Admission Letters would be ready for collection onWednesday, November 16, 2016.
(3) The Programmes run in the evening.
For further information, please contact:
Institute of Continuing Education (ICE)
2nd Floor, Bookshop Building,
University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba
Tel: 08062468854, 08077995443,08033745625, 08023338678, 08175058133.