Ebonyi State University, EBSU vacancy for the post of Vice Chancellor.
The Governing Council of Ebonyi State University is desirous of recruiting a visionary and dynamic candidate to lead an excellent team of Principal Officers for the University.
Tenure of Office/ Terms of Appointment
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a term of four (4) years and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four years.
- His/her terms and conditions of service shall be embodied in a contract under the seal of the University.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the post of Vice- Chancellor in a Nigerian University and as may be determined by the Government of Ebonyi State and Council of Ebonyi State University from time to time.
- The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University.
- He/she shall be the Chief exponent of the educational mission of the University and his/her office shall serve as the nerve centre of activities in areas of Protocol, external relations and coordination of various organs.
- The Vice Chancellor sees to the day- to- day administration of the University and shell ensure that the goals of the University are met.
- He/she is responsible to Governing Council for the management of the human, monetary and material resources of the University.
- It is also the duty of the Vice Chancellor to see that the provisions of the law, the statutes, ordinances and the regulations of the university are observed and he/she may exercise such powers as may be necessary for that purpose.
- The vice Chancellor must therefore be competent at all times to advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University.
- The Vice Chancellor is, by virtue of his office a member of Council, Chairman of Senate, Convocation, Congregation and WASP Board.
- The success of the job will depend on his ability to lead, motivate and inspire administrative associations, academic and non-academic staff as well students and all other stakeholders to work towards the central purpose of the University which is to advance learning and enhance talents.
- The candidate for the post of the Vice Chancellor of Ebonyi State University must be a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records.
- He must be a proven Manager of human, financial and material resources.
Specifically, the person must:
- Possess Doctorate Degree and be a full Professor of not less ten (10) years standing with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University Community.
- Possess a proven track record of academic excellence such as to be able to command the respect of National and International Academic Communities and Colleagues.
- Possess a clear vision for further development of the University and realisation of its vision, mission and strategic goals.
- Have a demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnership with local, national and international governmental and non-governmental agencies and organisations,
- Possess a proven and demonstrable ability to attract National and international research and development grants.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra-statutory funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University’s strategic plan.
- Possess Personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University’s strategic plan.
- Demonstrate ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff in all categories, teaching and non-teaching.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and other members of the University Community and the University’s stakeholders including the State and Local governments in Ebonyi State.
- Demonstrate respectable level of ICT literacy.
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- Candidate must not be more than sixty-five (65) years at the time of appointment.
Application Closing Date: 23rd October, 2017.
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, certificates and their relevant credentials which should contain among other things:
- Name in full (Surname first) in block letters
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin,
- Local Government of Origin
- Permanent HomeAddress,
- Present Postal Address
- Marital Status,
- Educational Institutions attended with dates and qualification obtained and including Members/Fellowship of relevant Professional Bodies.
- Work experience including full details of former and present duties with dates.
- List of Publications
- Major Professional achievements, contributions including award received.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar; Confidential Report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competence in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee/Post of Vice-Chancellor ” at the top left corner of the envelope.
- The application should also include thirty-five (35) copies of the candidate’s Statement of Vision for the University in the next four years and beyond in not more than 4,000 words.
The application should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Vice-Chancellor” and forwarded to:
Ebonyi State University,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.